Information Collected by MapMyID
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website and our services. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We collect the following from our MapMyID users:
Information You Provide to Us:
1. We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
2. Registration: In order to save information on MapMyID you must complete a registration form. You may, in the alternative, use an Online ID e.g. PayPal or Facebook account information to complete your registration. As part of the registration process we may require select personal information.
3. User profile: To allow special features, you may provide additional information including adding names to your “Safe Sender List” that goes beyond just the information collected during registration or initiation of MapMyID’s services.
4. When you access our services via mobile applications e.g. through our iPhone or Android apps, you allow us to access your saved contacts on your mobile device/phone. You may adjust your privacy settings to allow or disallow our access on your device settings. However, full functionality of our service requires access to your device contacts or address book. We save a copy of your mobile device contacts in our Ship2MyId database, also called your Ship2MyID Address Book. Similarly, when you import your contacts from your email service e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, we store those contacts in the Address Book. You may request that we delete this information upon your discontinuation of the use of our service by sending a request to email@example.com.
2. We receive and store certain types of information whenever your interact with us online. MapMyID and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, MapMyID cookie information, and the page you requested. MapMyID uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
3. MapMyID may collect and, on any page, display total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
4. Many companies offer programs that help you visit websites anonymously. While MapMyID will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
MapMyID is very concerned about your privacy and , as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information” section below. MapMyID may send out emails with MapMyID-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification emails from MapMyID, which inform you of actions (e.g. Ship2MyID requests) that have been performed on the site. If you do not wish to receive marketing email from us, please follow the instructions contained in the unwanted email message or send your request in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. MapMyID cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your user name or e-mail address is.
Sharing Your Information
Because MapMyID enables people to discover whether or not someone is a MapMyID user, information about the people who use MapMyID is an integral part of the MapMyID experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
MapMyID Personnel: MapMyID personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of MapMyID business.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if MapMyID, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other MapMyID users in your User Profile. Further, if someone wishes to determine whether an Online ID is registered to a User of the MapMyID Service, we may provide an affirmative or negative response in the form of a “YES” or “NO” only. We will never publish non-public User data without your permission including your Online IDs. The User Profile is the area on MapMyID where we may allow you to manipulate your User preferences and control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile.
With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information Secure
Your MapMyID account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control the Display and Use of Your Information
As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website.
We support the Do Not Track browser setting. Do Not Track (or DNT) is a preference you can set in your browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you.
However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
MapMyID does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register an account on its website. The website and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the even we learn we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com. For any person under the 18 of age, we will also immediately remove any content posted by a minor that is a registered user of our site or services, unless another law requires the information to be kept. Complete removal is not required if the content posted on our site by a third party, including content posted by a minor that was reposted by a third party, is anonymized so that the minor cannot be individually identified, the minor failed to follow instructions when submitting a request for removal, or if the minor received compensation for providing the content. There is no requirement that we remove content from servers.
Conditions of Use